About Raw Paleo
What is the raw paleo diet?
The raw paleo diet is a raw omnivorous diet which consists of organic, pasture-raised (grass-fed) foods that are unheated or have not been altered in any way. These raw foods are unprocessed and have a high healing and rebuilding potential.
Raw paleo foods include raw unpasteurized dairy, raw eggs, never frozen raw meat, raw chicken ceviche, raw fish ceviche, raw organ meats, raw bone marrow, raw coconut cream, fresh raw green vegetable juices, cultured vegetables, seasonal fruit, fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, and raw unheated honey. On this diet grains, gluten, and legumes are not eaten.
I love all types of raw foods as they make feel strong, vital, happy, and clear. My research and daily personal experience have shown that raw vegan foods cleanse, mineralize, and hydrate my body while raw paleo foods regenerate and build cells. All of these foods have a place and purpose and require different amounts depending on personal health situations. Always tune in and listen to your body and enjoy your journey.
Why Raw Meat?
When food, especially protein, is cooked several toxins can be formed. These toxins include heterocyclic amines, advanced glycation end products, acrylamides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, hydroxymethylfurfural, and lipid peroxidation.
These toxins impose a burden on the body, impeding digestion and therefore health. Raw foods have a high bioavailability, meaning that the nutrients are more easily used to fulfill the body’s many functions such as cellular regeneration and healing.
I thought raw dairy wasn’t paleo?
As wonderful as the paleo diet may be the reality is that we are living in a much different world than the Paleolithic one of centuries ago. Therefore I believe the paleo diet may have some limitations in today’s world. For example, the paleo diet allows cooked and processed foods to be eaten (healthy junk foods). However these foods do not have their original chemical, microbial, enzymatic, and energetic structures intact the way Nature intended. This means that most of the processed and heat-altered nutrients have become less metabolically active. This translates to having less available nutrition for incorporation into human tissue.
We also need to make nutritional adjustments for changes that occur in the modern world, such as decreased nutrients and increased toxins in our food, water, and air. The stress from modern living further depletes our body’s nutrients at an accelerated rate. Additionally, our microwave world (EMF’s) depletes our body’s nutrients even further. This means that our modern bodies have a much more difficult time staying healthy than they did in the Paleolithic era. To better deal with this unnatural situation of too little nutrients and excessive toxins I now include raw dairy and fresh vegetable juice in my diet.
Through my personal research and experience I have found that people need raw saturated fats and raw cholesterol for the proper functioning of their bodies.
Cholesterol is found in every cell of the body. Research is increasingly showing that it’s not raw cholesterol or raw fat which contributes to heart disease, but other factors such as heated vegetable oils, improperly prepared grains, sleep quality, inactivity, stress, inflammation, and especially sugar consumption. Without cholesterol there would be no estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, or many other hormones. Raw healthy cholesterol feeds your brain, nervous system, and gives integrity to the cell membrane.
Working with raw, fresh, organic, raw paleo food choices has brought me and my clients to the next level of health and vitality. I am so inspired to share this information with you.
What are the health benefits?
1. Raw animal protein helps you become strong and build muscle naturally (like heals like, raw muscle builds muscle)
2. Improved skin conditions and healthy glow (raw butter and raw cholesterol gives moist skin)
3. Anti-inflammatory (raw butter, raw kefir)
4. Hormone balance and support (raw cholesterol, raw saturated fats, raw butter)
5. Strong healthy bones and teeth (raw milk, vitamin A, D, K)
6. Minerals (green juice, clay, raw cheese)
7. Detox (Raw fats bind to toxins and escort them out of body)
8. Satiation (raw dairy & raw protein)
9. Lubrication of joints and colon (raw dairy)
10. Excellent flavor
11. Oxygen rich environment (green juice)
12. Nutritionally dense food
13. Great for fertility (raw butter and raw milk)
14. Rebuilding, healing, regenerating foods (raw meat)
15. Brain food (raw fat and raw cholesterol)
Why should I eat organic?
- When you eat or juice your fresh food it is very important to eat organically grown produce. “Industrial” or “conventional” produce are grown with pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers, and more harmful chemicals. Organic foods grown in healthier soil are much more nutritious and taste excellent. Don’t juice greens that aren’t organic, you will just be making a chemical green juice! Be kind to your liver and watch the toxins coming in, at least control what you can.
- Support your local farmers. They work hard to grown healthy, non-toxic, non-gmo, real food. It’s great to make relationships with farmers at the markets and get connected to your food and where it comes from.
I hope the things I post about encourage you to investigate further and have some positive experiences of your own.
Know your source- It’s very important to ask questions and do your homework on the food you eat on this diet. Do the animals eat grass and finish on grass? Some farmers finish the animals on grain. Are the chickens pastured raised and corn and soy free? What compost do farmers use for the soil? Do they make their own?
This information on this site is solely intended for education and inspiration and is not a substitute for the advice of a medical health professional. All content is provided “as is” and the reader assumes responsibility for their actions and outcomes.
What I share is what I’ve learned from personal experience. I encourage you, too, to experience things for yourself and make your own decisions. Nobody but you has the power to change your thoughts, actions, and lifestyle!