Raw Vegan Gluten Free Stuffing
I’m so grateful for all of you in my life and want to wish you the warmest Thanksgiving ever. As most of you know I eat a raw omnivore diet but will eat cooked foods from time to time. Sometimes it makes me feel warm and cozy inside to sip on bone broth or to share a cooked organic meal with friends. I will bring my own raw butter to Thanksgiving dinner to put on all of my cooked foods. The fat soluble vitamins in the raw butter work as the “activators” of minerals in the food and aid in digestion.
I can never understand why people are afraid of real food such as organic turkey or eggs… What I mean by that is some of the raw vegan food recipes make “mock” foods trying to mock the real thing. I’m not trying to take away from real foods at Thanksgiving with this raw vegan recipe but only to add to the live enzyme count in your food and the abundance of fresh raw herbs and veggies in this recipe for your body on Thanksgiving. Plus if you bring a raw vegan stuffing to a family dinner it gets the health wheels turning in folks heads
An exciting update before the recipe! My book Raw Paleo-Primal Body is coming out very soon so keep on the look out for my post on my social media Instragram. I have over 50 pages of raw health information and over 100 Raw Paleo-Primal Recipes. You will learn some of my favorite raw butter and raw ceviche recipes to nourish yourself, feel strong, and satiated.
For any raw recipe it’s very important to use fresh herbs for flavor that pops in your mouth. You can buy fresh herbs at a local farmers market or co-op. Don’t forget to make this delicious raw vegan stuffing recipe for Christmas dinner too!
- 2 cups chopped organic walnuts
- 1½ cups chopped organic almonds
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ cup raisins
- 4 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- First chop the walnuts and almonds in Cuisinart food processor.
- Finely chop celery, onion, and herbs
- Add all of the ingredients in to a mixing bowl and toss with your hands.